Monday, August 21, 2023

Flight Of The Hummingbird...


 Tonight, as the dog and I continued our after work ritual game of fetch, something jetted in front of my eyes. I followed the blur to our garden where the object hovered in space. I took out my phone to try and capture a video, because I love watching hummingbirds.

Who doesn't?

At our last home we were surrounded by trees...not Western Washington State trees, but enough that they surrounded our house. We moved to a place that is somewhat lacking in the tree department. I don't know much about hummingbirds, but I assumed they need a lot of trees to survive, and since we have fewer trees, I wasn't sure if I'd see a hummingbird anytime soon.

Guess I did.

Once a hummingbird is spotted, it's darn-near impossible to capture said bird on a photo or video, but I thought I'd try anyway. I don't know if our dog saw saw the bird. He doesn't see much lately due to his long hair (I'm surprised he sees anything at all...). Our dog is a poodle, so he's not a true bird dog, even if he did see the bird, I know he wasn't as excited as me.

I've wanted to get a hummingbird feeder for some time. We had one years ago and I loved it. Too bad it died due to the the suction cups failing. Seeing this little guy (or gal...) flying around, I'm going to see if I can find a reasonably-priced hummingbird feeder...

Now that I know they're here.





No comments:

Post a Comment