Thursday, August 10, 2023

Student Driver...The Magnet I Didn't Know I Needed

I've seen them on cars here and there, the yellow "Student Driver" magnets on the back of cars. I kept thinking, it would have been nice to have that back when I was the passenger to a student driver a few years ago.

Plus, I thought those magnets were only available for high school and/or driver school personnel.

Nope.

Now, the common driver can have them, too.

A few months ago we were looking for yard sale signs when we came across the magnet. And we bought it. And the next time I put it on the back of our minivan when my youngest and I went out to get more hours behind the wheel.

Those of you who have experienced the white-knuckle joy of helping a child hone their driving skills, there's a lot to take in. You need to make sure the driver stays in the lane, or on the road, or that punch-in-the-gut feeling when a car pulls up behind you and wants to drive faster than the posted speed limit. That's where the magnet really shines.

I don't know if the drivers behind us see the magnet (even though, it's hard to ignore...), or if they even think the person driving is an actual student driver. For me, it doesn't really matter what they think. I'm glad they have a heads up that the driver lacks experience and needs to be out there on the road to get it. I mean, we bought the magnet for others, but I'm finding, it's giving me a lot of comfort, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment