Friday, August 11, 2023

Trying To Eat Healthier...These Two Make It More Difficult


 Time keeps reminding me that I'm getting older. I creak when I get up in the morning, I move slower in general, and I can no longer eat the things, or eat the way I once did. Such is the way of things, I imagine. Lately, I've been trying to eat better and the biggest enemy to this goal is sugar...

I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake.

Sometimes, it's not so bad. We bought some natural snacks to substitute for chocolate and other goodies. Yes, natural snacks like grapes or dried fruit have sugars in them, but they must be healthier than a Coke or mini Snickers bars. 

If not, life is truly not fair.

Then, there's Trader Joe's Maple Leaf cookies...pure evil...

Delicious, delicious evil.

Trader Joe's have many wonderful treats...the JoJo line always pleases, but there's just something about those maple leaves.

By limiting sugar, it made me realize just how much of the stuff is in my diet--not a good thing. I know it's a small thing. I need to do more as an overall plan, but even limiting sugar a bit makes me feel better, feel healthier...

Hasn't removed the creaks, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment