Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hair-Raising Thoughts...


HAIR

You ever think about hair? I wonder how much time an average person contemplates the follicles atop their head. I ask this question because I've been growing my hair out since June or July of this year. I can't remember the last time my hair was this long.

I ask this question for another reason. I've lived basically without hair longer than I did with hair. Going bald in your early twenties is an interesting thing. Many of my friends have lost their hair as they've aged and it's a study in human behavior to watch and see how they deal with the change.

There's a scripture that has been quoted to me many times about how in the resurrection every hair will be restored. Personally, I'd rather have my runner's legs back--lack of hair makes me more aerodynamic. 

It's been so long since I've needed to carry a comb with me, since I've paid for a haircut (1986), that I can no longer remember what it's like, what other people deal with on a daily basis. Apparently, it's something I'll get to experience again. Personally, I can wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment