Friday, September 9, 2011

Sunrise...Sunset


Sunrise & Sunset


For the past three years, I've been able to sleep in on Fridays. Many of you know why today was different. I have been working on Fridays this year, but I've been able to sleep in. Needless to say, I've missed my share of sunrises on Friday mornings.


Not today. I knew when I got in my car that in about 15 minutes the sky would be on fire...and it was. I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures in the parking lot and a few pictures from the window in the stairwell leading to my floor where I work.


From now on I won't be needing to get up early on Fridays (unless a holiday falls on a day other than a Friday...it's complicated). I plan on continuing to work Fridays, just not for my full-time job. And speaking of my full-time job, it was a strange day to be at work. It felt weird to be there--even the computer system took a while to get going this morning.


After running errands including taking my teenage son to a writing class (thanks Margot!) and picking up dinner, my wife and I drove up the little road leading to our house and I caught a beautiful sunset on digital film (actually, it's all a bunch of 1's and 0's...kind of like this blog).



Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

No comments:

Post a Comment