Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Making A Movie...


Ever made a movie? I'm working on a project for next year's Bob Aamodt Vertical Challenge--mark your calendars for February 28, 2012, Snowbasin, Utah. It's the 5th one and it's going to be a blast!


When we cleaned out my mother's house four years ago we found some home movies, super 8's. We're a little hesitant to even watch them for fear of forever destroying them...they've got to be 50-60 years old. I'm sure there's some incredible stuff captured on film. My father was a photobug and made a lot of home movies before the kids came along.


Times have definitely changed. On the same machine I'm producing this blog post, I am creating a video for a media kit for next year's challenge. The abilities packed into this little Macintosh computer astound me--and my computer's a 2007 model.


When it's complete, I'll post it, or post the link where it can be found. Much thanks goes to an incredible musician, Pat Leishman who will provide some sweet tunes to accompany the video and still pictures. If you don't know Pat or his music, you MUST check out his site. It's quality stuff, man! (I Am Echo, Pat Leishman Link).


I have friends who went to school and majored in film. How cool would that be? I think we all know the answer to that... But for me, it's trial and error. We'll see how it all turns out.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, good luck. I'm certain it will be GREAT! And I agree with the techno side of thing. One machine can do ALL THAT!!!
    Just cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make MUVEES ... just with the little family or sports videos. My boys have gotten used to me making a highlight reel for EVERY game, I even have a sports blog highlighting them all. My little program is super easy though, I wouldn't know what to do with all the bells and whistles of more advanced programming! Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete