Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Water, Or The Lack Thereof...


For the past two days, our house has experienced water shortages. A few blocks away a new school is being built and apparently they hit the water main that feeds into our neighborhood. That happened yesterday. I don't know why it was off today.

After being off for a few hours, a small trickle began to flow from the kitchen faucet. At first it was weak and then grew in strength until, at last, it was back to normal. Running water is just something we take for granted, like the electricity always being there when we flip the switch. Without water, you can't do the dishes, the laundry, or--perhaps most importantly--use the bathroom. It's like love...you don't realize what you've got until it's gone.

Tomorrow I'll get up and take a shower so I won't be too offensive at work (and for other general health reasons...). I wonder if after sleeping all night I'll even think about the possibility that when I turn the handle in the shower, the water might not fall from above...probably not.


No comments:

Post a Comment