Friday, August 30, 2013

It Probably Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...


I glanced about as I drove south on I-15 around 3:55pm this afternoon. I occasionally glance about when I drive, but that's not what this blog entry's about.

And that's when I saw it...the colorful Hummer traveling in the same direction as us at approximately the same rate of speed. I think I've seen this particular vehicle before. I mean, how many of these things can be on the road? When I saw it last time I had the same thought rolling around in my brain as when I saw it today...would I want this guy to sell my house?

We're not in the market to sell our house or buy a new one, but if we were, I don't believe I'd call him, even though he's probably a nice guy. Then again, he might be a complete jerk. I don't know.

When I saw this thing on the road today, his traveling billboard told me that the guy is confident--I mean, you'd have to be to drive this, wouldn't you? He's most likely very successful at what he does. He's put on the side of his car that he'll sell our house in two months or less--bold words, indeed! And he chose a vehicle known for it's machismo, even though that lacks a certain caché that it once had.

Still, and maybe it's just me, but I think I'd use someone else, maybe someone who drives an Accord, or better yet, a Volkswagen.

1 comment: