Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Ad? It Caused One Response, But Not Another...


There's millions of things to see in a modern American grocery story (okay, maybe not millions...), but you get what I'm saying. Walk into any store and everything is screaming for your attention.

Earlier in the week my wife and I were telling my kids about the complexity that is marketing inside a store. Not only do Walmart and Target vie for customers (we have both stores right across the street from each other in our community...), Ragu and Prego also battle for shoppers within the same store.

We told the kids that each aisle is full of stores. Each section, the bread section, the ice cream section, the toothpaste section, is its own store. As far as what specific things vendors do for the store to increase their visibility on the shelf, I really don't know the details, but I'm sure deals are made. It's capitalism, pretty much.

So, when we were in the cereal aisle, one box was facing the wrong way. It followed its command.

But, it didn't make me buy.

So, a particle win for Cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment