Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome To Night Vale, A New Podcast...Genius!

*

Anyone who knows me knows I love podcasts. Every once in a while I'll try out a new one--several I've tried lately have not been keepers, however...

I came across a new podcast today.

It's a keeper.

It's called Welcome To Night Vale and it's amazing.

I'm not one who is always hip to the latest trends. Apparently this podcast, that debuted June 15, 2012, has been around a while and its popularity is skyrocketing. I decided to give it a shot.

If you know of the podcast, you know what it's about. If not, basically a lone man reads the news over the radio for an imaginary town in the American southwest.

Benign, you might think. Boring comes to mind. Perish the thought--it's anything but! I'm about 1/2 way through the entire podcast library and each episode presents a chance to experience something completely new. My brain has so many thoughts rushing through it when I think of this podcast, I can't even begin to list them because if I start, I won't be able to stop. Needless to say, it has inspired me.

Just so you know, if you want to start listening, it's very weird, but it is genius writing. I'm enjoying it so far. And if you've got a twisted sense of humor, you just might like it, too.

* Picture used without permission from: http://commonplacebooks.com/welcome-to-night-vale

No comments:

Post a Comment