Saturday, August 10, 2013

Laundry Day Tradition...


Saturdays (traditionally...) are laundry days in our house. Laundry day for me, means, a day to write. I'm lucky. I don't work Saturdays (however, with this new assignment and a deadline looming, I might be called to come to work on Saturdays...). And because I haven't had to work Saturdays, it's been perfect for me to do the laundry.

I don't mind doing laundry. When I was in graduate school Saturdays were prime homework days. I found myself in my bedroom reading or writing papers, and since our bedroom is right next to the laundry room, it worked out perfectly. I could do homework and laundry at the same time. I was usually in need of a break when each load finished. 

Graduate school has long since ended, but I still like doing the laundry. My reasons for doing so are not completely selfless. I still try and get much of my writing done on Saturdays, be it for a short story or novel or screenplay, so the laundry thing still works out. Also, you see, we have a TV in our bedroom. And Saturdays have proven to be good "Watching Sports On Saturdays" days. Soon college football games will play on Saturdays. I'll do the laundry all day long while those games are on.

So, week after week, we continue our tradition. And I really don't mind if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment