Saturday, January 4, 2014

Congratulations, Nephew!


My nephew, my sister-in-law's son, got married today.

When I first met Rob he was just a little guy, the youngest of three siblings. My wife's other siblings lived out of state and we spend many a holiday with my in-laws. The happy kid standing next to my wife and I in our wedding photo, that's Rob.


We saw Rob grow up, graduate, leave for college, then we've watched him get engaged and now get married.

Rob's a gentle giant, a college football player, he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. Now, he's no longer just Rob...he's Rob and Bridget. Oh how we wish we could have been there, to experience the moment, and see the beginning of something wonderful. 

Here's to you two. Congratulations on taking that biggest of steps and pledging more than your entirety to each other. You're in for happiness beyond belief, trials you may never quite understand, and an adventure that's not yet written. May you always remember this day. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sentiment. It was a beautiful wedding!! We missed all of you.

    ReplyDelete