Monday, January 6, 2014

No...Thank You


Back in June of last year, I wrote a blog post about a friend who had passed away (you can check out the original blog post: HERE). I had just found out a person I knew was his daughter. I wish I had known this back when we did a show together a few years ago. We could have had some fun conversations.

This week I received a couple of comments from people in my friend's life who thanked me for including those thoughts in my blog. Their comments mean a lot to me. I write these blog posts for many reasons, mostly for the benefit of my family (and also, so I can remember things in my old age...). But sometimes, I write for others.

Looking back in my journal, I came across my friend's wedding announcement--what a beautiful couple. For those people who sent me comments, I'm glad I could, in some small way, touch their lives and bring back memories of the man we all love and wish we could be with again. They thanked me, but really, I wanted to thank them for their kind words. Take care, and God bless.

1 comment: