Monday, January 13, 2014

Lawyers...I Must Ask, How Do You Do It?


Maybe I've read too many John Grisham books. Maybe I've watched too many TV shows. Maybe I'm just gullible. But from what I know, lawyers (as well as other professions...) they work insane hours, and I don't know how they do it.

Last week I worked overtime, perhaps the most overtime I've ever worked in my life. Back in college I sometimes had two, even three jobs and I probably worked more hours in a given week, but working different jobs I think helps the brain. It allows a person to manage the tasks at hand. I'm not expert, but it seems that way.

But working one job for 50, 60 or more hours in a week has really worn me out! And, this week there's more work than I can possibly complete. I'm looking at the same situation. I finally had a break last Saturday. The work was there, but I was beat. I couldn't do another full day so I only worked a couple of hours.

If lawyers really work 70, or 80 hours a week, I hope they're young and healthy. I can't think of any other way of getting it done without sacrificing their family and their health. But they do and--just like me--I'm sure there's always more work that needs doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment