Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When It Snows Inside The Car...


My first car was a 1965 VW beetle. Anyone familiar with  rear-engine, air-cooled Volkswagens knows the vehicles had no heaters. Technically, there were heaters, but they barely worked.

We've come a long way since 1965. The old bugs are disappearing from our roads and heaters in cars work much better. One thing I don't think I ever ran into with the old bug was having condensation build up inside the car. This happens every now and again in the car I drive.


The other day I had to scrape the inside of the car which left snow on the dashboard. Another time I cleared the ice from the outside of the windshield and there was still ice on the window. After realizing I wasn't doing any good with more scraping, I finally noticed the ice was inside the car.

This is a temporary issue--it's really not big deal. In a few weeks the weather will warm up and I won't need to use the ice scraper, at least, until next year. In the mean time, I can teach my kids about how clouds are formed...

No comments:

Post a Comment