Thursday, March 27, 2014

Coming Home And Catching Up, 27 Years Later...


The people on this piece of paper were, at one time, all living in Denmark. And on a cold day in January, 1987, seven of us boarded a plane and headed home. The other person was already home, in a way. Due to the amazing age we now live in, I was connect with someone who I thought was the one who stayed in Denmark on Facebook. Even though it wasn't her, her message brought back so many memories It's amazing how a simple message can do that.

In this picture there are three people born in America, one Canadian, and four native Danes. If you've never been to Denmark, it is bursting with wonderful people, wonderful caring people who are born in a beautiful country and raised to withstand harsh winters and yearn for the few coveted days of summer sun. With few exceptions, if you know a Dane, you know a happy person.

I met many people while I lived in Denmark, but unfortunately, I have forgotten most of them. The idea of Facebook (even the internet as we now know it...) was years away and I didn't keep in tough with many of my friends. I feel bad about that. Social media helps us all to stay connected, but I'm thinking if Facebook existed back then, I'd be connected to more and more people.

Of the eight of us on the page, I've connected with three of them. One I don't believe is on Facebook (and if so, I haven't found her...), and as far as the rest, it's possible they've passed on. I know two have, The Jespersens--amazing people!

Så, dette er for dig, Dortha (men ikke den I troede du var...). Det var virklig godt at høre fra dig. Jeg kan næsten ikke tro at dinne familie er voksne med børn af deres egne. Er vi virklig så gamle? Så må jeg også siger at skriver på dansk er meget shov, men jeg også ved at mit dansk er ikke så godt. Jeg håber på at du kunne forstå mig. Vi bor i Farmington lige over gade hvor jeg bogede da jeg var en drange (mit forældres hus). Vi har fire børn også, vores ældste er på misionære in Kalifornian. Vores ungeste er ni år gamle. Ingen er gift (endnu...) ;) Jeg er en skriver og fotografer or blogger of fader og mand og jeg arbjeder for statten Utah. Jeg har hafte det virklig godt i mit liv (so far...) og det var meget fint at høre på dig. Tak for det! Vi ses!

No comments:

Post a Comment