Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Daughter...The Tailor


A couple of years ago my mother-in-law asked if my daughter wanted to learn the disappearing art of sewing. I'm glad she said, yes.

As I grow older, I watch my kids and see how life has changed since when I was their age. It seems I played outside more. I know I didn't play video games like they do, but when I think about it, I did spend a lot of time watching TV. I memorized every episode of The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island and various other programs.

Another thing I remember learning was how to sew. I did take home economics in jr high school and I made several things, I learned to darn socks and my mom even taught me how to crochet. I helped make a family-famous, multi-colored Afghan. 

Tonight, after a long day at work and meetings, I came home and my daughter showed me her latest creation, an apron. I'm so glad she's learning this skill. Who knows if it will come in handy?

No comments:

Post a Comment