Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stephen King's Firestarter...A Book Review

233667*

 I finished another Stephen King novel today and I have to say, I enjoyed it much better than the last  Stephen King novel I read. I wouldn't quite call Firestarter a horror novel, but there were elements. I'm sure there's a proper genre name for this book, but I don't know it. It's not fantasy, but more science fiction.

Whatever it is, I liked it.

I liked the pace of it. It wasn't frustrating to me. I understood the situations and they actually made sense. Well, okay...if you buy into the "ten-year old girl can make things spontaneously combust by her will alone" part. While reading I thought of all the possibilities open to someone who has this ability. Apparently, so did Mr. King. To a government, there's only one outcome for a person who can do this. They have to be eliminated, not just their "talent" but the person. It must be a permanent decision.

As the story ended, I could definitely imagine a sequel. Maybe that's because every creative project these days seems to have either a sequel or it was written to have one. And maybe King planned on another story. I'll have to ask him one day.

Because if there were a sequel written, I think I'd like it, too.

* Photo used without permission from:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/233667.Firestarter?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment