Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Garrett Approach...


On my lunch break today I took a little walk and bought a DVD. I went to that particular store to buy the movie because the man responsible for the project was there signing copies. This man is someone I know. I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to chat with him again.

I'm glad I did.

When I think Garrett and all his success I couldn't be happier for him. He's worked extremely hard to get where he is today. I've spent a lot of time in the past year talking to and associating with artists, some lucky enough to be able to be full-time artists, but most like me, doing it on the side.

Garrett worked a regular job but he pursued his dream, working, creating whenever he could. And it's now paying off big time. I think many times we only see the end result, the obvious success and fail to acknowledge all of the work it took to get there. I know I have. As I spend more time with new friends and learn where they are along the creative timeline, I understand better the joy is not necessarily found only in the end result, but in the journey itself.
So, what's the Garrett Approach? Work hard, be good to others, and whether or not "the big break" comes, be happy with the process. Sounds like a great approach to me. Congrats Garrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment