Thursday, April 23, 2015

Mr. DeMille...I'm Not Quite Ready For My Close-Up


I saw the call and almost didn't pick it up. I needed to finish my lunch so I could go downstairs to where they were going to be filming in just over thirty minutes.

I decided to pick up the call.

I'm glad I did.

It was my boss asking me where I was. You see, the filming that was going to begin in thirty-two minutes was going to actually begin in two.

Amazing how the details on those e-mails (and flyers...) can be missed sometimes.


So after shoving the remainder of my lunch in my face, I rushed downstairs. When I reached the room they had just begun and there was a chair waiting for me.

I know it was just an interdepartmental video, but it's still a little strange to be on camera. I've always said I've got a face for radio and a voice for newspapers, so seeing myself on the couple of times the camera swung over to our table is weird. Good thing it's not my main gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment