Friday, April 3, 2015

Wearing Blue...A Day Late


You see the posts, the headlines screaming for attention. Today is World Day of Peace, or It's Better Speech and Hearing Month. There's more, of course, so many so that I lose count.

Then again, I'm not as up on my national or world days for causes as I could be.

I worked today, something I usually don't do on a Friday--at least, work at my full-time job. And because I had a meeting with some heavy hitters, I dressed up in a suit and tie--something I almost never do for work. Since I don't usually dress up for work, the decision of which tie to wear needed to be made.

I chose a blue one.

Over the past few days, I've seen many posts on social media concerning the color blue and that on World Autism Awareness Day we should wear blue to show our support. I picked the blue tie, wore the blue tie and when I came home, took off the blue tie. Turns out I was a day late. World Autism Awareness Day was yesterday.

My wife and I have four children. It seems, based on the way things have been going lately, that we had a good chance of having one or more of our children affected with autism. So many of my friend's children have been. And I think it's going to get worse.

I don't know if wearing blue helps--especially wearing blue a day late. Maybe it does. If I had the means, I would like to think I'd donate to many of these worthy causes. I do know I can offer prayers on behalf of those affected and perhaps learn more about this condition. 

Even though "blue" is not one of my favorite colors, maybe I'll end up wearing it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment