Friday, April 10, 2015

National Siblings Day...


Apparently, today is National Siblings Day. I know this because I do not work on Fridays so I try and get writing done on Fridays. And as all you writers out there know, when you have a day to write, you spend way too much time on social media sites.

I have to say, I've LOVED seeing pictures of everyone's families. They're great! My sister, first thing this morning, posted a picture of my brother, sister and me at my parents's grave. The picture was taken a couple of years ago.


I love that picture, and not just because it makes me look like the tallest of the three. I love it because my family is together, all five of us.

It's been over forty years since we were all together in this life. Only three of us are left. I also love the other older picture, too. 

Most of the people who posted pictures of their wonderful siblings today did not "choose" their family members. I guess you could say I didn't get a chance to "choose" my siblings, but because of the choices of others, all three of us adopted children ended up with the last name of Taylor and living under the same roof for many years of our lives. It makes National Siblings Day extra special for me, because things could have turned out oh so different.

Here's to all the siblings! Here's to those fights and fun times we shared as a family! Here's to two of the people I love more than anything! I'm so glad you call me brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment