Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Darn Good Meme...


Okay, some of you have possibly seen this meme. It's hard to know what has reached others. I also apologize I do not know the creator so I cannot give credit where credit is due. I saw it after my friend--who happens to be named Garry--posted it on his Facebook page. 

Apart from the obvious humor, just seeing the meme made me wonder about things.

For example, I've often wondered how different people were a couple of millennia ago. The way I see it, I doubt people have "evolved" much since there. There have always been and there will always be jerks and there will always be people who are just the opposite (of course, each of us at times can be jerks and non-jerks...). So, reading the text, I can definitely believe people acted that way.

In other words, yes--Gary (or someone who was "the worst"...) was most likely hanging out at a sermon.

Then, there's Jesus. It's interesting how we project what we believe Christ was like based on our own experiences. He's like a blank canvas--if we're a communist, then so was Jesus. If we're Pro-Second Amendment, then Jesus'd be packing. I'd like to think Jesus would have one fantastic sense of humor.

All in all, a classic meme, and one definitely worth a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment