Saturday, July 4, 2020

Making Independence Snowmen...


Today we saw something I don't believe we've seen before...

The Assembly.

We've lived in the same small town for over twenty-three years, and that's the last time we moved here. Before that, my wife and I lived her for a couple of years in an apartment, and before that, I lived here for another almost twenty years.

We're aware of many traditions that take place here--this year many have been canceled. But today, we saw that another town tradition was not canceled--the building of a snowman at the corner of 6th North and Main Street. That's where someone hauls down a truckload of snow from up the canyon (though, I'm not 100% sure the snow is from Farmington Canyon...) and at that corner a snowman is built every Fourth of July.

This year, my wife and I caught the frozen snow assemblers in the act.

That's rare.

For whatever reason, the builders put together not one snow person, but a second. Hey--the more the merrier!

I don't know who they are, but I'm glad they do it. Maybe next year we'll catch then in the act again.

No comments:

Post a Comment