Friday, July 17, 2020

Who's Hungry? Basmati Indian Street Tacos Can Help You With That...


I have amazing friends. I don't know how I became so fortunate to be associated with so many incredible people I call friends. So, what do several of my friends do during a worldwide pandemic?

They start a food truck.

A few years ago, I was cast in a local production of You Can't Take It With You. I got to share the stage with two actors with whom I'd done shows before, and another with whom I had not. The performance talent in Amanda, Jared, and Jennie is staggering. Add Amanda's amazing photography skills, Jared's technical--including sound design and furniture/food truck construction--skills, and Jennie's directing and costuming skills, and you've got three performers that can carry any show. Now, they've turned their attention of the culinary arts.


This afternoon my wife and I watched the three of them working away in an incredibly hot, custom-built/painted food truck serving up delicious Indian tacos.

And it was GOOD!!

This week is the truck's maiden voyage. Why they decided to attempt such a leap of faith at a time like this is beyond me. But, upon further thought, it makes sense. Tell any of these amazing people they can't (or should't...) do something, it makes them work even harder. The show that had all of us together ran into so many problems--If you're familiar with community theater, you know what I'm talking about--the show almost didn't go on. But it did, and it was incredible.


I snapped a few pictures of the truck, then took the food home. I wanted to take a picture of the tacos before I started eating, but I was so hungry, I dug right in. So, the photo of food is not a true representation of the full meal I had.

If you'd like to follow Basmati on Facebook, click the link: HERE. If you'd like to try the food for yourself, I posted earlier where Basmati was going to be from 5pm - 8pm on Saturday, 7/18/20, but that's not going to happen. They had to cancel.    :(

However, you can always check on their Facebook page for future events.

Yes, the food at Basmati Indian Street Tacos is fantastic...

Almost as much as those running it.

No comments:

Post a Comment