Thursday, July 16, 2020

Taking Pictures Of Bees...


We arrived early and had some time to kill. I brought my Nikon D3300 because we were attending a wedding reception, and since no one was outside when we showed up (they were inside finishing up dinner...), we walked the grounds.

The building was beautiful--a decades, maybe century-old structure. The mature trees and detailed landscaping made the location perfect for a young couple to start their married lives together. It took a while, but eventually, I saw the flowers...

And I saw the bees.


Time was, I searched out opportunities to photograph insects, especially bees on flowers. There's something almost cathartic about seeing bees buzz around flowers. Back when I worked in downtown Salt Lake City, there lay a half a block to the east an incredible flower garden. Many a time I would pack out my good camera in hopes of getting a "bee on a flower shot."

Around our house my wife has planted several amazing flowers. I spent a lot of time in the garden trying to get "the shot." It wasn't until I saw the bees flying around those flowers tonight that I realized it's been a long time since I even sought out "the shot."

It's been too long.

Tonight, that wonderful feeling of being a photographer returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment