Sunday, July 12, 2020

Who Knew There Were So Many Opinions...About Horehound Candy?


Because I post a picture a day on social media, some pictures are popular, some are not. Some are funny, others, nope. Some pictures are beautiful, and some are so-so. Each picture is posted on Facebook, Twitter, and MeWe (even though I'm not sure how many people actually see the photos on MeWe...). 

Each photo has the potential to be seen by the same people, friends and followers. Some friends are kind enough to "like" everything I post. It's nice when they do. But, every once in a while, a picture generates a lot of comments. That's what happened last week when I posted a picture of a barrel full of horehound candy.

And that let the hounds out.


Whenever I think of horehound candy, I remember being a kid and visiting the Beehive House in Salt Lake City. The Beehive House is where Brigham Young lived, and so did several of his wives. I'm not sure if they do this anymore, but they used to give tours of the house and at the end of the tour, you could get some horehound candy. Now, like some of those who offered opinions on the candy, I personally liked it, but I like most candy--it's a curse, really.


I thought it might be fun to include the recipe for horehound candy in this post. I found it on Food.com and I've included it here. You can check out the site by clicking: HERE. So, for all of you who hated the stuff, well, you can just ignore the recipe. But, for everyone else, now's your chance to live--at least for a little while--like a pioneer. Happy Horehound Day, everyone! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment