Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A Room With A View...Sort Of


We drove up to the house just as the sun was setting, the orange and red sky to the west called to me to take its picture. The sun had dropped below the tree line so I went inside the house and opened the blinds to the door facing west.

I saw plastic.

Then I remembered...every door we're not using, every window on the house is covered in plastic. No, we're not getting our house fumigated. We're getting it painted. After seventeen years, it's needed.

It's a strange sensation, expecting something to happen and then it doesn't. It's exactly like going into a room when the power is out and flipping on the light even though you know the light will not go on.

The first day they washed the house. Yesterday and today they prepped it, masking off the windows and doors, and hopefully, tomorrow they'll begin the painting.

 I know as long as there's plastic on the windows and doors I'll continue looking out those windows and doors expecting to see a clear view, but the view I'll see will not be clear. That's just how it goes sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment