Friday, July 31, 2020

Apparently, It Takes Two To Build A Fjellse...


We pulled out the box from the basement and brought it upstairs. I opened the box and saw the few pieces of wood and metal screws found therein. Those who have put together Swedish furniture delivered in a box know that, "Life is like a box of IKEA furniture--you never know how it's going to turn out."


Thankfully, the project was simple enough, but what I thought was most interesting, was the instruction manual...

And the illustrations.

It was the second illustration, specifically, that caught my attention. You see, according to the producers of this fine product, they feel having two people put the bed together is key. My first thought was they're telling me I needed a supervisor for the project. Of course, it's not necessarily a supervisor, just another smiling builder with a pencil behind his year--a clear supervisor trait.


Throwing caution to the wind, I forged forward, alone, buddy-less, supervisor-less. And I found success. But, unfortunately, when we purchased the Fjellse years ago, we failed to purchase the support that you put inside the Fjellse, thus making it an actual bed.

See, you never know how it's going to turn out.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment