Monday, July 27, 2020

When A Small-Press Book Gets A Great Review...Ruth Mitchell's "Deleted"

Image

I've been fortunate enough to be associated with Immortal Works Press since almost its inception. They were kind enough to publish my first novel, Chaser.  Also, I've tried to help them as an Acquisitions Editor. I'm not the most productive editor--my bad--but I want to help the company succeed, because I believe there needs to be a place for good, wholesome literary art for people to enjoy and that can actually change lives.

Today, I found out one of the books published through Immortal Works, Ruth Mitchell's Deleted, received some high praise on the website, Indies Today. You can access the review by clicking: HERE. You can also check out other reviews of other books on the site.

As an author I've been told to not read the reviews because if you believe too much in the good ones, you'll have to accept the bad ones, too. Still, I reveled in a good review. Here's what Indies Today said about the book:

Imagine a world where everybody is attached to their electronic devices… oh wait, that is our current reality! But in Deleted, technology has advanced to a greater degree. A clever hacker, Nick, has found a way to not only see people’s memories, but to erase them. Nick has created a niche market for himself erasing undesirable memories for those that can afford his services. His lucrative career is jeopardized when his path crosses with the indomitable Lucy, a quirky young woman with strong opinions and stronger ethics. When Lucy’s memories prove to be just out of reach, Nick determines that he will stop at nothing to protect his secrets.
Ruth Mitchell knows how to tell a compelling story! Between the suspense and action, Mitchell has also managed to work in a charming love story. The technological aspects feel totally believable, adding another layer of intrigue to an already page-turning novel. Of all the dynamic characters, Marco is my favorite! His awkward charm and humility make him somebody I want to know. And for those looking for a clean read, this book absolutely hits all the marks! Deleted is a one-of-a-kind young adult novel that has just the right mix of excitement and heart.
Ruth Mitchell has penned an exceptionally well plotted and perfectly paced tale. You won’t want to miss a single word of Deleted!

Yes, high praise, indeed!

If you'd like to order Deleted, just click: HERE to reach the book's Amazon page, or: HERE to reach the publisher's page. I love seeing others find great books from someone other than the big boys.

2 comments: