Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Zone Bus...Not Your Average Food Truck


Yesterday, as I did some yard work, I looked up and saw something amazing. A food truck turned on to our little street. But, this thing was no ordinary food truck. This was a food bus, a converted RV called The Zone Bus.

It was beautiful.


For those keeping track, I snapped a few pictures and included one as my Pic Of The Day. I did not expect what would happen next. My brother commented on my Facebook post almost immediately. He said he helped design the bus. Now, my brother is a fantastic artist and has done a ton of design work, but how in the world did he help design the same truck that just drove up? 

It's true--he did. 


He also told me that one of the owners/operators were the Taylors, and one was a person I first met around 1979 when she and I were in the same family on Trek. If you're unfamiliar with Trek, it's a LDS youth activity where you go up in the mountains for a week and live like pioneers, complete with pushing and pulling a handcart.

I went over and introduced myself. I heard the story of how my brother did help them design their awesome ride, and she and I caught up. 

When I saw the truck pull up, I had no idea I'd not only be talking to the owners, but having a great time hearing about what they do and their adventures. Funny, how life works sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment