Monday, July 6, 2020

Another Dark Day In 2020...


Looks like 2020 has claimed another victim, a dark, delicious victim.

At least, I think so.

The other day, when getting lunch at our local gas station, I looked for my favorite candy bar, Milky Way Midnight. I looked and found none. I wasn't too worried because in this insane time in which we live, it's highly possible they were out and didn't have a box to replace the empty one.

I think I bought a Snickers.


The next time I went in, I looked again. My search netted the same results--no Milky Way Midnight. But, I did see a 2 Bar special in another box near the check-out counter. I grabbed one and went to pay for my stash.

"Oh, you found out discontinued box," the attendant said. I asked what she was talking about. She said they weren't getting any more Milky Way Midnight bars. 

Oh, the horror...

I've done some light research to see if the bar is gone for good. I've found nothing to confirm the attendant's claim. It's possible they're discontinued, and if so, I'll be sad. Then again, it's most likely for the best that they're gone--one less bad thing for me to eat.

Yes, 2020 has been bad in many many ways...looks like another reason has been added to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment