Sunday, January 3, 2021

Give Thanks...Home-Cooked Meals


 It's Sunday time so that means another post on things for which I am thankful. The hardest part about writing a post on Sunday is narrowing things down to only one thing. We woke up this morning to snow--if you're not thankful for snow, I feel sorry for you. It's one of the most beautiful things on this planet. We had a tough week so everyone in my house (except me...), slept in this morning. I am thankful for sleep and naps.

But, I didn't decide to write about these things...no, today, I'm thankful for home-cooked meals. And not just the meals, but the amazing woman who makes almost all of them for me.

I am truly blessed.

My wife and I have been married for over twenty-eight years. There are some duties we share, and some each of us do ourselves. My wife prepares the meals and I'm the one who cleans up afterwork. It's not 100% this way, but most of the time that's how things work in our household. Of course, a home-cooked meal represents more than just the food on the plate. You have to have a place to eat that food and money to purchase the food. The meal represents other blessings, actually too numerous to count.

On a snowy sabbath day in January, I am thankful for many things. Tonight's dinner was one of them, a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment