Friday, January 22, 2021

Two-Hundred Days--Two-Hundred Photos...Eighteenth Edition


 For the past ten years (almost to the day...), I've been posting a picture on social media every day. On Facebook they only allowed two-hundred pictures in each photo album when I began my postings. That's since changed--not sure how many can be in an album now. So, when I get to two-hundred photos, I create another album. Tonight, I created Album #19.

Whenever I complete an album, I like to look back and see what photos I've posted in the past couple of hundred days. Most of the albums are pretty ordinary, but these past two-hundred days, my family's gone through more changes than almost any other time in my life.

The album started at church, then I went to a writing retreat and things progressed from there. The big events--we moved. I snapped a picture of a pomegranate jewel box my son used to propose to his fiancee. He and she are now husband and wife. There's a picture of my half-sister who came up from Arizona to meet me and my family--a few months earlier we didn't know each other existed. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, moving offices from the garage to the bedrooms, my son's first potato harvest, and more.

The album is unique for things you don't see. Every day covid hung over everything like a black cloud. Normally, I would have included pictures of comic and writing conventions, family gatherings, other social events. Hopefully, the next two-hundred days will include those events again.

Two-hundred days...two-hundred photos. It's something I've loved doing and hope to do for many many more albums in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment