Saturday, January 16, 2021

Happy Birthday...To A Fun Little Story


 I don't think I'll ever forget January 16th. It's my dear friend's birthday, and also the birthday of my little novel. It's been on the market for three years.

A lot has happened in those three years. The world has gone crazy and all that entails. I've met many authors, and tried to further my craft. Writing is insane sometimes--well, most times. Because I'm not writing stories every day, they basically don't get written. They're still swirling in the brain, sometimes they swirl faster, and sometimes slower, but always in motion.

You would think that with the stories in motion as they are, getting them recorded would be easier. And, I suppose, for some, it is. For me, it takes longer. Many set goals for the new year. I have dusted off a story I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 done. Right now, it's in editing phase for basically two reasons. 1-to clean up my writings from back in 2013, and 2-to remember the story.

If I dig deep (and find an ending I like...), I should have the story done in a few months, that is, if I work on it every day. That's a very doable goal. Yes, my initial novel came out three years ago today. Since then I've had a few short stories published in anthologies. I've been very fortunate. Now, I just need to produce things for people to read.

Time to work on the swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment