Sunday, January 10, 2021

End Of An Era...Maybe


Twice a year, I finish a journal and begin a new one. I choose to made the change at the end of June and December. So, during June and December, I need to track down both the binder and the filler so on July 1 and January 1, I'll be ready to go.

Problem is, my way of journaling seems to be coming to an end.

I notice this years ago when the style of binder I was using was discontinued. No problem...there are many places I can pick up a small binder. The best place to find this are thrift stores. I've bought many at thrift stores. Of course, I'd pick up the filler sheets at our local bookstores, bookstores operated by a church that values and encourages keeping a journal.

The past couple of years I've noticed more than not when I go to the store to pick up filler pages, they're gone. They have plenty of journals, but they're hardbound, not ones you can add pages to. Sure, I could keep a hardbound journal--I did the first two years of journaling--but it's not how I like to do it.

Last month I thought I'd order several binders and fillers directly from the store. In speaking with the operator I made my order then casually said I was having a hard time finding the items in the stores. The operator told me those particular items might not be around much longer. It seems my preference isn't so much the journaling preference of others.

Bummer.

I ordered a couple of binders and several fillers, enough to last me at least this year. I'll keep going until I have to change the way I do things. Then, I'll adapt. It's what I've done since January, 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment