Saturday, January 23, 2021

Which Photo...Just Couldn't Decide


It happens occasionally. Throughout the day, I look for something to photograph to post. I don't spend a lot of time with this most days (and you can probably tell...), but sometimes, when I know I'm going to do something fun like go to a museum or a play or skiing, I'll look for the most interesting thing to photograph and snap a picture.

Then, sometimes, I'll take a couple of pictures and I'll have a tough time deciding which one to use.

That happened today.

I found three pictures I thought about using. Now, you may not think there's anything particularly interesting about these three pictures. And, you may be right. But, I liked them and since this is my blog, what I say goes.


The first picture I took was at the thrift store. We went mostly for my son--he needed things for his bedroom, and things he found. It was a very successful day for him. I spotted something for the house--a hall tree that might have looked good in our front room. It was sturdy--we'd need to paint it, wrong color--and it might have worked for us. Since my wife wasn't there, she said it was up to me to buy it. 

I did not. Just as well.


The next picture came when we did some Saturday afternoon grocery shopping. I thought the Christmas-themed napkins were fun. Plus, can anyone really explain to Santa? Not really. When it hits the fan and Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice, I doubt an explanation will make much of a difference.


The last picture I took had a funny story behind it. If you see the sales receipt and think some store is cool to have a modern new-wavy art print on it, you'd be wrong. It is customary now for grocery stores--and all stores, really--to have hand sanitizer dispensers in the check-out lines for patrons to give themselves an extra dose of hygiene security. On the day we shopped at Ridley's, I squirted my hands with sanitizer only moments before the attendant handed me the receipt. The artwork you see was caused by sanitizer hitting the heat-sensitive paper.

I thought it was pretty cool.


And so you have it. I ended up using none of the three photos. I snapped a picture of a refreshing drink and used that instead. Sometimes I can't pick which photo to use. When that happens, I usually turn it into a blog post.

Like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment