Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Who Knew...You All Had Such Strong Opinions?


 It was an innocent enough question, or so I thought. I had no idea by simply posting a photo of the limited-time McRib at McDonalds would generate so many comments. I guess I struck a nerve...a delicious (by some people's opinion...) nerve.

My question:

Should I try a McDonalds McRib because I've never tried one and it's only around for a limited time?

Or, should I not?

I posted a picture as my Pic Of The Day and a flood of opinions and comments came back at me, everything from "Yes, definitely," to "I had one twenty years ago and I'm still feeling the effects," to "No--don't do it." It's not that I was dying to try it...more of mild curiosity. We have a McD's a mile or so from our house, but since don't leave the house on a daily basis, I'm not "tempted" while I'm out. I wanted to hear from others to see what they thought of the sandwich.

The votes are in. It was almost a 50/50 split--for an against. Many had some interesting views, some funny, and some frightening.

After all this, I still haven't had one. Since it's a limited time thing, they may be gone and I may have missed my chance...until, next time that is. No, I'm McRib-free. I think I'll stay that way, but since it feels like the world is ending, maybe I'll jump in and give it a try.

What's the worst that can happen?

Kidding--should never say that, especially now.

No comments:

Post a Comment