Monday, January 4, 2021

The Downside Of...Naps


 Last Saturday I posted a picture of a napping cat. I didn't see the cat climb up on the bed, nor did I see him fall sleep flopped over as he did. I didn't see this because I was asleep. It was Saturday afternoon after a morning of work and chores. This followed a week in which I took off work and did things around the house.

Needless to say, the nap was well-earned.

There are times when our little home is a napping house with me, my wife, the dog, and both cats possibly napping. Naps are great. Naps help rejuvenate. Naps recharge. I'm pro-naps. There is, unfortunately, a downside to naps. Naps are not good when you're driving. Naps are not good when you're on a video conference call at work. Naps are not good if you're a tattoo artist (or a tattoo subject...).

And, depending on the duration, naps can rob you of sleep at other times...like when you have a glorious morning to sleep in.

Hence, my Sunday morning.

The first Sunday of the year gave me an opportunity to sleep in. Church was pushed back an hour an a half (and attending at home means you can just get up and log on anyway, but it was nice to start later...), I could leisurely eat breakfast--no time issues. No, last Sunday morning was a chance for me to sleep in. But, at 5:54am (actually, a little before...), I was looking at my clock radio unable to go back to sleep. I could blame a number of reasons for me waking early and not going back to sleep, but I think it has something to do with those darn naps taken the day before.

Even if I could prove that naps were the problem, am I going to stop napping on a weekend day after having worked hard? Am I going to force myself to remain awake  when a nap would seem the logical thing to do?

No way...

Like I said, I'm pro-naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment