Thursday, January 7, 2021

The Secret...Of Netflix's "The Crown"


 I'm a fan...not an obsessed fan, but I've watched the show off and on, here and there. My wife's watching the series again and I'm remembering parts that I've seen and seeing episodes I missed. The Crown is a Netflix series going strong after several years. The setup is intriguing--several actors play the key characters portraying the royals at different times.

Many have written about the series, critics, bloggers, those on social media. Many have much more knowledge on the royal family, history, even how television shows are made. My opinion here is that of an amateur and not obsessed fan. Here's what I believe is one of the show's secrets.

Protect the Queen.

I suppose watching the dirt on the rich, famous, and powerful is a favorite pastime of many, as evidenced by the show's success. If you are familiar with the show, the Queen seems to be immune from the harsh criticism that everyone else must endure. People cheat on each other, we see their despicable acts played out...

Except for the Queen. 

It's possible I haven't seen all the episodes and they've cut up the Queen--if so, I haven't seen it. In the newest episodes, they are merciless portraying Charles, Diana, and especially Margaret, among others. Was the Queen a terrible person during the same time? I couldn't tell you.

There's another thing I've noticed. When I watch the show to me the Queen represents England. She always overcomes, she always perseveres, she survives. As goes the Queen, so goes England.

Of course, these are just basic and simple thoughts, not too deep. 

Long live the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment