Friday, January 29, 2021

When Meme Hits Close To Home...


  I have a friend. We swap memes. It's a thing. It's such a thing I've had to delete all the photos in or text conversation because it takes up too much memory. I've had to do it several times, actually.

Most of the pictures in our conversations are of memes...

Good ones, bad ones, funny ones, stupid ones. So many memes.

When I spotted one from the Babylon Bee yesterday. I snapped a picture of it, cropped it down, then sent it--without comment--to his phone. A response back back containing a simple one-word reply.

"Booo."

I admit, it was a little mean. His wife is out of town visiting her mother so my friend has been alone with the kids while she's gone. And I thought he might be going through a tough time feeding the kids. Of course, if my wife were to go visit her mother and I were responsible for keeping the kids alive, I'd probably not appreciate someone sending me that meme, either.

It hits close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment