Saturday, January 30, 2021

Watched An Incredible Comeback Today...I Can't Figure Out This Team


 I can't figure out this team.

I'm sure, sometimes, they're thinking the same thing.

I have watched considerably less sports in the past year. I think that's an overall good thing. I spent/wasted too much time on watching sports in my life. I think watching some sports is not bad--others may disagree. 

The last couple of years, I pretty much stopped watching sports live. DVR'ing games allows me to watch an entire contest in minutes, not hours. Plus, if my teams don't win, I can just delete the game and save even more time. Today, I hit "record" on the University of Utah Men's Basketball team as they played the Buffalos from the University of Colorado. I recorded the game because during the time the game would be played, I had other commitments.

The game began. The recording started. While I was otherwise engaged, I periodically checked the score. Utah down. At halftime, Utah was still down, but not much. I made the mistake of checking at the midpoint of the second half.

Utah down big... 

At that point, I disengaged. It's been a crazy year, U of U Men's Basketball included. I've watched parts of almost every game this season and they're confusing. They have talent and I can understanding getting beat by better teams, but in many of these games, Utah has led and looked really good, only to fade and lose it in the end.

Today, that did not happen. After the game ended--because I had disengaged--I chalked the game up as a big L. When I checked the final score, I saw they got a big W. I watched the replay. Alfonzo Plummer was amazing! He owned that second half. Good for him. Utah's only senior put on a monster show.

It was a great win for the team, a much needed win. I have no idea how the rest of the season will go--they'll only get to the big dance if they win their tournament, which isn't impossible, but improbable.

No, I can't figure out this team, but today, was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment