Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Watched "Love, Lost & Found" Tonight...Sweet Little Film


 If you have access to Amazon Prime and you're in the mood for a sweet comedy in the style of movies found on the Hallmark or Up channels, I would recommend a little film my wife and I watched tonight. Love, Lost & Found came out this year and it's a delight.

To say we watch a lot of these films is well...sort of an understatement. We watch them all, or most of them. We watch the Christmas in July movies, the autumn spotlight films, the Christmas, winter, and spring-themed movies. Being a storyteller of sorts and a fan of the genre, my wife and I have become unofficial (and unpaid...) critics. We acknowledge the good and bemoan the bad. We feel bad for those that really tried but fell short, and we keep track of the ones with which we connect. 

I came across this film after seeing a social media post from Melanie Stone. I recently watched her in an action film--she kicked some serious butt, and I became a fan. She was excited for the release of Love, Lost & Found for good reason. Not only is she in the film, but she and co-star Jake Stormeon wrote it. I have extra respect for anyone willing to put themselves through that fulfilling, but also nerve-wracking experience. 

In the story we follow one couple that soon becomes two when the initial pair become separated while on a hike in the mountains. There's comedy, danger, silliness, a fortuitous canoe, and personalities that are sometimes over the top, but endearing. 

As good as the actors were, what kept blowing me away was the incredible beauty of the Utah mountains. I believe the film is supposed to be set in Colorado (per the Subaru Forester's license plate...), but the vista and panoramic shots were so beautiful. And to think, that beauty is in my own backyard.

I don't know much about film distribution, but I wish the film could have been on Hallmark or Up so it could have a larger reach. You can access the YouTube trailer by clicking: HERE.

 If you've got a free evening and this type of film is your jam, give this one a shot. It's a sweet little film.

No comments:

Post a Comment