Thursday, January 14, 2021

Week One...So Far, So Good


 My wife envisioned the space first. I saw the extra long garage on the north side of the house and thought it would make a great place for a classic VW beetle, complete with several pans underneath to collect all the dripping oil.

But, no...the wife thought we would be better served to put in a home gym. She's right, of course. And so, we maneuvered the treadmill we've owned for years onto some astroturf (thanks mom-in-law...), put up a TV my son picked up at the D.I., complete with burned in circles at the bottom, and once we found the treadmill key stuffed in one of a thousand boxes, we were in business. This week I spend four work breaks on the treadmill, not running, not jogging, but walking, and it's been fantastic.

I'd like to be jogging or running, but you've got to start somewhere.

We've never had a place specifically for our work-out equipment. I suppose--had I wanted to--I could have worked out even if we didn't have a specific place for the equipment. Heck, you can work out in a space no larger than Rose's plank doing sit-ups, push-ups, yoga. There's really no excuse to not working out.

We're hoping to expand, but for now, walking for fifteen minutes, watching Mal and the gang fight evil, pringing Alliance baddies on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots is wonderful.

One week done...almost. Only two-thousand to go ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment