Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year's Resolutions...One We Might Just Do


 Many make new year's resolutions, myself included. Many have failed to follow through on those resolutions, myself included. There are several things that I do on a regular basis I would describe as positive. I suppose at some point--either consciously or subconsciously--I made a resolution to do these things (I wonder if the same could be said for the negative things I do...). 

In my fifty-five years on this planet, I know that making resolutions in no way guarantees success. In order for me to adopt a positive habit, I need to want to do it, want to make it part of me, want me to be a better person by doing it.

This morning we set up the beginnings of a home gym. We found a house that has a HUGE garage, something we're unaccustomed to having. This thing could house multiple VW beetles, or four normal-sized cars. One section of the garage is deep, more than the width of the house. When my wife first saw it, she envisioned that space to be perfect for a home gym.

I agreed.

We're starting small. We have a not-overly-used treadmill and I have a stationary bike apparatus that allows me to convert and use a normal bike inside. We're looking for an elliptical machine (if you have one that works and you would like it gone from your house, let us know...). We're even going to set up a Nintendo Wii unit and pretend to play tennis and such.

For the past week, we've been de-cluttering and organizing. We have a ways to go until we're finished, but little by little, things are coming together. We've worn ourselves out by all the work we've put in. Interestingly enough, we'll now try and wear ourselves out in other ways. I hope this resolution sticks. After all, we've already done a lot of work to get this far--might as well keep it going.

Hence, one way to make a resolution successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment