Sunday, January 31, 2021

Give Thanks...My Parent's Decisions


 As I get older, I better understand my parents. I suppose it's another "Circle of Life" that we go through. I see things differently.

I also see that because of decisions they made--sometimes even decades before I was born--has directly affected my life and the life of my family. My father and mother both grew up during The Great Depression. They grew up in homes that lacked electricity and indoor plumbing. I can hardly imagine life without the internet...I don't think I could handle a home without running water or indoor bathrooms.

They both worked hard. My mother helped put my father through college. My father got a bankable job--it paid him well, well enough to invest in hillside property in what would become one of Utah's most desirable places to live. And because of that, my family has never had to worry about a place to live.

Parent's made good decisions.

Tonight, as I write my little blog post, I'm thankful for parents who made decisions not only for themselves, but for their children, and as it turns out, their children's children. I hope my wife and I have made good decisions, decisions that will help our children and their children. Time, of course, will tell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment