Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ever Been To Popeye's?


"You coming?" I was asked after our meeting ended. "You got room?" "We do." That's all I needed to hear. We were going to Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits!


I understand for many in this great country going to Popeye's is not a big deal...just go down the street and drop in. But where I live, a regular citizen must drive hundreds of miles to reach this particular eating establishment. 


However, if you're special, you only have to drive a few miles, but you must past armed guards to get there. The only Popeye's in my state is located on an air force base and luckily, we had a soldier with us.


Having never been to a Popeye's before I didn't know what to expect. It was a small restaurant but the place was packed. Why? Because we just happened to drop in on a one-day sale...8 pieces of chicken for only $5.99! And when they say $5.99, they mean $5.99. I paid no sales tax on my chicken today!


Our meetings went late so we didn't pick up our food until after 2pm so I only had one piece. The rest remains at work and will become my lunch tomorrow (and maybe even the day after that...). I do know one thing, I'll keep eating the chicken until the chicken is gone.


I don't know when I'll be getting back to Popeye's. It's only literally a few feet from where millions of cars drive by every year, but without a pass, I cannot enter. Thanks Mike for taking us to Popeye's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment