Thursday, March 1, 2012

Something A Little Different...


The other day I began a new story (a logical question here is why don't I ever finish one of these stories...?). The story is requiring me to write about a character a little different from myself...basically she's a 20-something mommie blogger.

Now, I sometimes read mommie blogger blog posts. There are some very VERY talented writers out there, and not only writers, but creative and crafty and artsy women as well. My cousin Alicia is one of these writers. You can access her blog: HERE

I try to read a lot of these blogs and the jury's still out whether or not I can pull this off. I'm about 10K into the story and hopefully I'll be able to get some writing done this weekend--hopefully I can double that word total.

So I need to assume the personality of my heroine and try to think like she does which will hopefully translate onto the printed page. Chapter 3 is coming up where she confronts the evil protagonist. Of course she will triumph in the end (or will she...?). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I always get nervous to write from the perspective of the opposite sex. Yet, I find I really like it as well. I hope you enjoy your research and I am sure your story will rock!

    ReplyDelete