Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Full-Time House...


This morning the family cleaned the house. My wife had friends over today so we wanted the place to look as good as possible. While I was vacuuming up the things that are found on floors of homes where people live, I realized that I live in a full-time house.

What's a full-time house? That's a fair question. First, some background... We built our house almost 10 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long...). We had an odd shaped building lot so not every house plan would fit on the lot. We found one that did and we've loved the way it turned out.

Except for certain times of the week, our house is always occupied. The house doesn't get a break. Morning, noon, and night we're here. Maybe a house is like a car. When it's used a lot...it shows the wear. Maybe our house is showing more wear than normal, but that makes sense, being a full-time house and all...  

A full-time house is hard to clean because we're always home making sure it isn't. A full-time house is always filled with noise--either screams of joy or other types. A full-time house never seems to have the dishes done because the time between meals seems to fly by in an instant. A full-time house is where I spend most of my time and--if I had my way--I'd spend even more time here. A full-time house is where I call home and there's no place I'd rather be than at my full-time house.

No comments:

Post a Comment