Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friends On A Shelf...


Friends On A Shelf

A couple of days ago I saw a lifestyle story online. The story centered around toys that were at one time extremely popular. Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Dolls were just a few of the toys that gave parents fits--especially around Christmastime--because they were so hard to find. The story can be found: HERE.


I didn't think much of the story. I think we all know about fads that are here today, gone tomorrow. Toys seem to be something the media loves to talk about...it makes for good television at Christmas.


This morning my wife and I visited a friend in the neighborhood. In their house they have a bookshelf full of Beanie Babies and the story came back to me. We complimented them on their collection because it was a good one. I realized that to the people who have assembled these colorful toys could care less about how much they have depreciated in the past decade. They just love them and enjoy having them in their house. And, after all, isn't that the only thing that's really important?


(I realize Chuck is not a Beanie Baby, but I couldn't not include him...)

No comments:

Post a Comment